When I was a little girl it was tradition to go on a Daddy Daughter Date with our Dad when we had a Birthday. (The boys went on a date with my mom for their Birthdays :)) When Aubrey turned 4 we decided that she was old enough to start that tradition with our little family. Aubrey chose to go to The Homestead for dinner (A local "Mom and Pop" restaurant) and then went to see Shrek 3. She loved every minute of it. (It a nice little break for me too) I can't believe that 4 years have gone by already. She is growing so fast. LITERALLY. People always ask her if she is going into 1st or 2nd grade. Nope. She will be starting Pre- School in August.

4 comments:
Since we have all girls, Conan get's b-day dates and I get 1/2 b-day dates!
Aubrey, you are so grown up!!!
I feel the same way with the growing up thing. Great idea laurel with half bdays! If we never have boys, I want to still celebrate too:)_Erin I remember your picture with Dad when you were going on your date!
What an adorable picture! I'm so glad you are doing the B-day date thing. And since you have no boys for you to celebrate with.............I like Laurel's idea of doing the 1/2 birthday dates with you.
We love the birthday dates. I get to date Ty and Gav and Scott gets to go to the girly stuff with Addi. He is a good sport. I don't know how many dad's would take their daughters to High School Musical on opening day! Love the memories and traditions.
Post a Comment